As those summer temps rise and your Milwaukee wanderlust intensifies, we’ve got you covered with the top 5 spots you need to check out before the summer is over!
5. Colectivo Lakefront – Brews, beaches and boats: Location wins here, with its expansive outdoor space and historic building nestled at the bottom of the bluff on Lake Michigan, this is the go-to place to grab your coffee on the lake front.
4. Vennture – Brand new outdoor space, killer staff and garage door windows make for some great local neighborhood hangs. The coffee here is incredible; serving one of the best cold brews you’ll taste all summer. Check out the corner pocket park with picnic tables on rails just a few yards away. We can’t help but mention that Vennture carries pies by Hatched bakery, and those are a must-try, no matter what season! (Read our Vennture review HERE.)
3. Valentine Oak Creek – We love the garage door windows and extended outdoor space in this two-story coffee shop. Great coffee, great food, and friendly baristas make this a relaxing coffee oasis in the heart of Drexel Towne Center. (Read our Valentine Oak Creek review HERE.)
2. Stone Creek Coffee: Downer Ave. – This place has a space for everyone’s summer comfort level: Air conditioning lovers can eat indoors, while fans of both the shade and sun can sip an iced latte on the patio! If you’re only interested in a drive-by drink, there’s a walk-up window for a coffee to-go. This Stone Creek also has a full cafe, so come hungry. The food is unique and outstanding. Try the house made yogurts!
1. Kickapoo – At the top of its class in the specialty coffee world, Kickapoo Coffee offers consistency and excellence with every drink they serve. You’ll find bright and airy indoor seating and a creative outdoor space to enjoy your drink while you recharge. Conveniently located in the trendy Third Ward, you’ll find plenty to do in the neighborhood. (Read our Kickapoo Coffee – Third Ward review HERE.)